Monday 12 December 2011

Schedule

In our Monday seminars a couple of weeks ago, Caroline Parsons suggested we get some production schedules done for next semester. I have been reading a production design book by Hans Bacher called Dream Worlds: Production Design for Animation which had this really helpful graph roughly plotting the production pipeline for an animated feature made in 18 months.



I used this as a template to make my own production pipeline, but condensed it to a 9 month schedule for my film.


 Once I had done this, I went into Microsoft Excel to make a more detailed Production schedule, referencing my blog, calender and notes to input the dates for my work thus far and then roughly plot the work I'll be doing next semester with room for contingency time on weekends and Dissertation writing and deadlines.

It took a lot longer than I originally thought, but it is much more detailed than the pipeline and goes from the start of year in September, right through to our deadline in May.

2 comments:

  1. I know you wrote this a long time ago but I found this when I was looking up production schedules to get some inspiration. Your post helped me out a lot. This is all super cool and it inspires me to put a lot of work into my planning. Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I still use these kind of schedules to this day so they are still very much relevant. :) I'm glad it was of use to you, all the best for your animation! :)

    ReplyDelete