Tuesday 18 October 2011

Character Sketches II

I've been furthering my character concepts and story events this week. I tackled some drawings with coloured pencil to get a storybook feel to the characters inspired by looking at the works of Oliver Jeffers and Kristiana Parn and my classmate, Jessica Leslau.

I feel I'm getting to grips with my character design here and becoming more comfortable with drawing Amber like this.







The only thing left in question is the look of the tree Spirit itself. I am still toying with the idea of an animal form, but while the animals were fun to draw, they are not quite working as my spirit design.



At the moment I am settling on a ghost-like teardrop form, though this is subject to change.

And to finish, some life drawing sketches of trees and squirrels... (guest starring my sisters)


No comments:

Post a Comment